14 Easy Cocktails to Help You Celebrate the 4th of July
You ever have that one friend that’s too cool to just celebrate their birthday on the ACTUAL day they were born? They decide instead it’s their birthday week or month? Yea, well this time it’s America, and she’s insisting you start the party a day early and don’t stop until atleast Monday the 7th. So to help you with that we’re spreading the liquor love with a bunch of recipe choices to try on the long weekend ahead.
We get 5-8 recipe submissions from brands daily, and for Independence day alone we got over 35 drink recipes. We tried
them all almost all of them, about 30 to be exact, and narrowed it down to 12, and then added in two of our own recipes to make it 14 in honor of 2014. They’re all fairly easy, and we even picked out a little something for every type of drunk drinker. Whether you like whiskey, tequila, or vodka, we’ve got you covered. And if you worked hard to get that Summer beach body, and aren’t quite ready to let it go to shit, we’ve got some “skinny” drinks for you too.
- 1 ½ oz Hangar 1 Straight Vodka
- 1 oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- Tonic water
- 1 part Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao
- 2 parts frozen lemonade
- 1 2̷3 parts light beer
- Cherries (for garnish)
- Lime wedge (for garnish)
Combine all ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with cherries and a lime wedge and enjoy!
- 2 oz TINCUP Whiskey
- ¾ oz honey syrup (3:1 honey:water)
- Q Sparkling Lemon Soda
Honey white & Blue *Created by Bobby “G” Gleason, Beam’s Master Mixologist
- 2 parts Jim Beam® Honey
- 1 part Blue Curacao
- 2 parts White Cranberry Juice
- Juice of one half lime
Shake all but the Curacao and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Slowly pour the Curacao against the inside of the glass so that it sinks to the bottom. Garnish with a strawberry on the rim.
- 1 part Skinnygirl™ White Cherry Vodka
- 4 parts sparkling water
- Splash of all natural pomegranate juice
Preparation: Combine vodka and sparkling water over a glass of ice. Finish with a splash of pomegranate juice.
- 1 part Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 part frozen limeade
- 1 ½ parts light pomegranate juice (no sugar added)
- 1 part vanilla creme soda
- Cherry (for garnish)
Combine limeade, pomegranate juice, tequila and vanilla creme soda in a glass filled with ice. Stir well to combine. Garnish with cherry.
Berry American *Created by Bobby “G” Gleason, Beam’s Master Mixologist
- 1 ½ parts Jim Beam® Original
- 2 parts Fresh Mixed Berries
- 1 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 part Simple Syrup
- Lemon-Lime Soda (to taste)
Combine all ingredients and shake together. Strain into a cocktail glass (can be served over ice). Garnish with fresh strawberries and blueberries.
- 1 ½ parts Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 ½ parts frozen piña colada mix
- 1 ½ parts mango sorbet
- 2 parts ice
- Coconut shavings for garnish (optional)
- Pineapple slice for garnish (optional)
In a blender, combine tequila, frozen piña colada mix, mango sorbet, and ice until smooth. Optional: Rim your cocktail glasses with coconut shavings and garnish with a pineapple slice. Serve immediately.
- 1 ½ parts Skinnygirl™ Meyer Lemon Vodka
- Splash of DeKuyper Triple Sec
- Splash of diet lemon-lime soda
- Raspberries or lemon slice for garnish
Mix ingredients in a glass with ice. Top with diet-lime soda. Garnish with raspberries and a lemon.
- 1 Cup Peach Nectar
- 1 Cup Lemonade
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Ginger Ale
- 1 Cup Bushel & Barrel Apple Whiskey (Can substitute with Jim Beam’s Red Stag Cider, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Cider, or any local Apple Whiskey)
- Frozen Peaches, lemon wheels, and lime wheels for Garnish (optional)
Combine all of your ingredients except your ginger ale in a punch bowl or pitcher. Garnish with any fruits you desire, we chose lemon & limes wheels. Store in the fridge for a few hours to chill. When, ready to serve, add in your Ginger Ale and serve.
Liberty Lemonade *Created by Bobby “G” Gleason, Beam’s Master Mixologist
- 1 part Jim Beam® Honey
- 2 fresh Lemon Sour
- 4-6 fresh Blueberries
- Club Soda
- Simple Syrup
In a mixing glass, muddle the blueberries with a splash of simple syrup. Add the Red Stag by Jim Beam® Honey Tea, lemon sour and shake with ice then fine strain over fresh ice in a tall glass then top with Club Soda.
Garnish with 3 fresh blueberries and a lemon wheel on the rim.
- 1 ½ parts Skinnygirl™ Bare Naked Vodka
- 2 large strawberries
- 3 – 4 basil leaves
- Splash of soda water
Muddle strawberries and basil leaves. Add ice and vodka, top with soda water.
- 2 parts Skinnygirl™ Prosecco
- 2 parts limeade
- Sweetener (optional)
- Lime wheels for garnish (optional)
Add all ingredients into a stemless wine glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Pineapple Mint Martini
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz Gin
- .5 oz Brancamenta
Combine your juice, gin, and brancamenta in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon or lime slice.
Now go out there and drink like a patriot (Not like a Tom Brady patriot, because that would require uggs, a girly drink, and way too much hair gel)
Disclaimer: Recipes and photos were sent to us courtesy of the brands. If you don’t have a particular brand available, feel free to swap for like flavored spirits.