NYE Recovery: Hangover remedies
Hopefully everyone had an amazing New Years Eve celebration. As always we recommend you drink responsibly, but we know sometimes it can be easy to get a bit out of hand, especially with all the peer pressure that can be involved with New Years. So for those of you who had one ( or two or three) too many glasses of champagne Friday (and maybe Saturday) night here are some popular hangover remedies.
1. Water – You’re #1 friend before, during, and after drinking should be water.
2. Aspirin – After a long night of drinking, don’t just pass out somewhere, take some aspirin to “ease” the pain.
3. Rest – need I say more?
4. Food – eating foods that help replace nutrients lost is key to avoiding a rough hangover.
5. Avoid Caffeine – believe it or not, caffeine hurts you. It will continue to dehydrate you, the opposite of what you want.
6. OJ – Vitamin C is very vital
7. Tomatoes – There is a reason why many drink a Bloody Mary in the mornings after a night of partying and drinking. The tomatoes and celery help replace vitamins while vodka soothes the head throbbing.
8. Performance drinks – drinks like Gatorade and Powerade will help keep you hydrated.