During this years Tales of the cocktail, one of the highlight events we took part in was BackBar USA’s “Las Vegas Invades Tales” Event. Backbar USA brought more than 30 of Las Vegas’ top mixologists to New Orleans at the Masquerade Nightclub inside Harrah’s in New Orleans on Thursday, July 17. There they showed how Las Vegas has had an impact on the cocktail & spirits Industry by bringing the best mixologists the city had to offer down to Nola.
Over 1500 enthusiasts like myself attended the sold out event that included music by DJ Ikon and yes there were even authentic Las Vegas Showgirls. Meanwhile mixologists served craft cocktails featuring several different liquor brands including Bulleit Bourbon, Absolut Elyx, Sauza 901, Bacardi, Hennessy, New Amsterdam, Hangar 1 Vodka and more.Notable participating mixologists included:
- Tony Abou-Ganim, “Modern Mixologist” author and industry veteran
- Francesco LaFranconi, Southern Wine & Spirits
- Andrew Pollard, Wirtz Beverage
- Alenrry Iniguez and Nectaly Mendoza, Herbs & Rye
- Mariena Mercer, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Christopher Hopkins, Wynn I Encore
- Raul Faria, Gordon Ramsay’s Pub & Grill
- Ricardo Murcia, Bellagio
- Michael Przydzial, Central Michel Richard at Caesars Palace
- Travis Reel, Japonais at The Mirage
- Patricia Richards, Drai’s Enterprises
- Max Solano, Emeril Lagasse’s Delmonico Steak House at Venetian I Palazzo
Photos provided courtesy of BackbarUSA, Liz King, and Tales of the Cocktail. For more information on Backbar USA, their services, or the brands they represent, visit www.BackBarUSA.com.