Thanksgiving Cocktails for Everyone
Yesterday we shared our top pick for sipping this Thanksgiving, a rum and pumpkin cocktail appropriately named the Thanksgiving Cocktail. Today we’re being a little more diverse with a little something for everyone. Whether you’re a fan a rum, Whiskey, Scotch or Gin we’ve got you covered. If you still don’t find something that tempts you below, whats wrong with you? No seriously, just check out archives to the right and look up Thanksgiving, we’ve had a lot of awesome suggestions the last few years.
Cruzan Sparkling Honey Diamond
- 1 1/2 parts Cruzan Estate Diamond® Dark Rum
- 3/4 part Lime Juice
- 3/4 part Honey Syrup
- Sparkling Wine
Method: Combine rum, juice and syrup over ice and shake for 15 seconds. Fine strain into a chilled champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine.
Knob Creek Old Fashioned Holiday (recipe by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon)
- 1 1/2 Parts Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 Part Cinnamon Syrup
- 1/2 Part Lemon
- 1 Part Wild Ale (like Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales®)
- 1 Egg White
- Nutmeg for Garnish
Method: Combine all ingredients in a bar tin without ice. Shake for 20 seconds. Add ice and shake for another 20 seconds. Double strain into chilled lowball glass and garnish with grated nutmeg.
Gold Harvest (Created by Jeremy Oertel, Donna BK)
- 2 oz elit by Stoli
- 1 oz Hibiscus Cranberry Shrub
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Honey
Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake then strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with gold flake.
Hibiscus Cranberry Shrub:
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cups apple cider vinegar
3 cups sugar
1 lb cranberries
10 grams dried Hibiscus flowers
- Add sugar, water, Hibiscus and cranberries to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then strain through cheesecloth or fine strainer.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Laphroaig Montgomerie Smoked Cider
- 1 1⁄2 parts Laphroaig® 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- 3 parts apple cider
- 1 part fresh lemon sour
Method: Build over ice in order. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Basil Hayden’s Spiced Cocoa
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 1/4 part Nocello® Walnut Liqueur
- 2 parts Spicy Hot Cocoa* (see recipe below)
- 2 Chili Peppers (for garnish)
Method: Pre-heat mug by filling it with hot water – discard water after 30 seconds. Add Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon and Nocello® Walnut Liqueur to the heated mug. Add the spicy hot cocoa and gently mix together. Garnish with chili peppers.
Spicy Hot Cocoa*
1/2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Cup Water
Method: Mix dry ingredients together, add hot water and stir until dissolved.