Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (Even if you aren’t Irish)
It’s March 17th, and you know what that means. Green Beer, car bombs, shots of Jameson, and much more. With St. Patrick’s day being on a Sunday this year, many (including yours truly) have started to celebrate early but in case you haven’t and were still wondering if you should be out enjoying an Irish holiday even though you aren’t Irish, below we’ve gathered the top 10 reasons to celebrate St. Patrick’s day. But first, let’s quickly mention why we celebrate it in the first place. St. Patrick, the Patron Saint of Ireland, died on 17 March 461 AD and the day has been celebrated ever since. St. Patrick spent thirty years building and setting up ministries and places of worship all around Ireland. Now… for the fun reasons:
1. “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” shirts will be out EVERYWHERE, and you can totally use that to your advantage.
2. It’s the only day where you can drink “Green Beer” and people wont think you’re just int fruity drinks.
3. You can literally roll out of bed at 10 am (Or earlier depending on how crazy your town gets), and hit the bar or and NOT get called an alcoholic.
4. Short guys can finally take advantage of their height, dress as a leprechaun and steal the show!
5. Irish Car Bombs… Need we say more?
6. Passing out at the bar is totally acceptable. (Just try to last until at least 11 pm mmk? Otherwise you’re “that guy”.
7. Chances are if you’re a single guy/girl, you’ll find your next boy/girlfriend, summer fling, or one night stand on THIS night.
8. Great music! I’ll admit, I’m not an expert in Irish folk music, but on this day bands will come out from under the rocks to play some amazing mixed and modern versions of some pretty festive songs that just get you in the spirit to take more shots, do more car bombs, and continued to drink the night away.
9. The St Patty’s Day parade. Parades are awesome whether you’re with your family, friends, or alone. It’s a great way to enjoy the holiday even without drinking.
10. Going GREEN. With all the emphasis on going green in today’s society, on this day you literally get to go green breaking out your best green ensemble to represent the holiday.
Well, that’s all we’ve got for you. Hopefully if you were on the fence about heading out tonight then we convinced you to take a chance to have a drink out on the town. If you’re planning on staying in and STILL want to celebrate, or are maybe hosting your own party tonight, check out a few recipes from some of our previous St. Patty’s Day posts below.
For more great recipes, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or StumbleUpon to get our latest cocktail recipes, spirit reviews, and drink related news. For any questions, comments or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org