It‘s time to raise a glass “Murica”! , It’s July 4th weekend, and you know what that means; beaches, pools, parties, drinking and HEAT. Independence day weekend is probably my favorite holiday NOT in the Fall. No school, less traffic, everyone is lighting fireworks, hanging out at the pool and just having a lot of fun. Oh, and it’s also one of the biggest drinking holidays of the year, so you KNOW I love it! This July 4th, I wanted to make sure and sure some cocktails we had the chance to try this year that I thought would be perfect for the occasion. Try one or try them all and let us know what you think. Oh and don’t forget to check out our tutorial on how to make a watermelon punch bowl and impress your friends.
Berry & Basil
- 2 parts Sauza® Signature Blue Silver Tequila
- 2 parts pink lemonade
- 2 sliced strawberries
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Lemon wedge for garnish
Preparation: Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain over ice into glass and serve. Garnish with basil and a lemon wedge.
Red, White & Bourbon Created by Chef Lee Anne Wong, serves 2
- 4 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed and strained
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed and strained
- ½ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed and strained
- 1 part simple syrup
- 4 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Assorted berries: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries
- Splash club soda
Combine the juices, Maker’s Mark® Bourbon, simple syrup, and mint leaves in a large shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into 2 tall glasses over ice and add a splash of soda. Cut berries and mint leaves for garnish
Sauza Watermelon Margarita (serves 8) [Pictured at Top]
- 1 cup Sauza® Tequila
- ½ cup Lime juice
- ½ cup Triple sec
- 1 cup Watermelon juice
- Drop of Honey
Preparation: Add ingredients to an ice-filled pitcher and stir. Pour into salt or sugar-rimmed glasses and garnish with a watermelon wedge.
2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
1 part Pomegranate Juice
1 tablespoon Fig Preserve
1 bar spoon Fresh Lemon Juice
2 dashes Angostura® Aromatic BittersMethod
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.
- 1 part St-Germain French Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 parts Vodka
- ¾ part Fresh Lemon
- ¼ part Simple Syrup
- 1 part Muddled Strawberry
- Top with Martini & Rossi Sparkling Rosé
Shake and strain over fresh ice in a Collins glass. Top with Martini & Rossi Sparkling Rosé. Garnish with strawberries.
Knob Creek B&B Old Fashioned – By celebrity chef Michael Symon
- 2 Parts Knob Creek Bourbon
- ½ Part Lemon Juice
- ½ Part Raw Sugar Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Angostura® Bitters
- 4-6 Blueberries – 1 for Garnish
- 4-6 Basil Leaves – 1 for GarnishMull blueberries and basil leaves in a bar tin, add ice and remaining ingredients and shake well. Strain into an iced lowball, add bitters. Garnish with a blueberry and a single basil leaf.